Parent Artist AIRspace Residency
2019 Parent Artist AIRspace Residents
Abrons recognizes the unique challenges faced by working artists who are also raising children. With support from Sustainable Arts Foundation, Abrons is pleased to announce the launch of its Parent Artist AIRspace Residency, which provides support targeted resources to the needs of working artists and their families. This residency is for 2 individual parent artists working in the visual arts, solo musicians, and/or literary arts. This residency will provide studio space, free tuition to Abrons Arts Camp for 1 child, a stipend, administrative resources, and opportunities for intergenerational interaction in the summer of 2019.
Parent Artist AIRspace Residency support from Abrons includes:
- $1,000 unrestricted stipend
- A semi-private studio and/or office space, accessible 7 days a week from 10AM-10PM
- Free tuition to Abrons Arts Camp for 6 weeks in Summer 2019 (1 child per resident, ages 5-13)
- Support from Abrons staff with administrative and logistical tasks, marketing, fundraising, and critical support when requested.
The Parent Artist AIRspace residencies will be made available to visual artists and writers and will last 6 weeks in the summer, from early-July to mid-August 2019.
- Applicant must be New York City based and living within 5 boroughs at the time of application submission and during the residency period. Proof of address is required in order to apply. Housing is not provided.
- Applicants must identify as working in visual arts, music and/or literary arts.
- Collaborative groups are not eligible to apply.
- Applicant must identify as a parent of a child between the ages of 5 and 13. Only 1 child is eligible to receive free tuition to Abrons Arts Camp in Summer 2019.
- A program of the historic Henry Street Settlement, Abrons Arts Center is committed to the belief that artistic practice is key to a socio-politically engaged and healthy society. Applicants should closely review the Abrons Arts Center Mission Statement and Declaration of Inclusion before applying for the Residency.
March 18, 2019: Applications go live
April 8, 2019 at 11:59pm: Applications close
April 26, 2019: Applicants notified
Questions?: Email firstname.lastname@example.org