[@ABRONS SERIES] Eclipses Group Theater NY presents Hercules: In Search of a Hero
Hercules: In Search of a Hero is a new theater piece combining excepts from Euripides’ plays Alcestis and Hercules, along with original material, to explore the meaning of heroism in our time. Hercules is a man of violence, most of the time heroic by killing. Alcestis, on the other hand, is a woman who stands out for an act of self-sacrifice: she is heroic by dying. Placing the action in a modern setting, Hercules: In Search of a Hero challenges the conventional, masculine notion of heroism and contemplates a feminine alternative. More information: www.egtny.com
Director/Concept/Dramaturgy work: Ioanna Katsarou
Translator: Demetri Bonaros
Composer: Costas Baltazanis
Lighting Designer: Christina Watanabe
Set Designer: Christos Alexandridis
Costume Designer: Marina Gkoumla
Assistant Costume Designer: Vivian Triviza
Stage Manager: Anastasia Thanasoula
Video: Alex Agisilaou
Press Rep: David Gibbs/DARR
Publicity Fundraising/Marketing Coordinator: Katerina Alexaki
Fundraising/Social Media Coordinator/Marketing: Alexandra Skendrou
Executive Producers: Ioanna Katsarou & Demetri Bonaros
Alcestis: Luisa Alarcón
Admetos/Servant/Death: Demetri Bonaros
Hercules: Luke Couzens
Megara: Helena Farhi
Goddess: Alexandra Skendrou
Video Cast/Child: Taj Sood
Image: Selim Cayligil
Under the Auspices and strong support of the Consulate General of Greece in New York.
* This project is made possible (in part) by the Queens Council on the Arts with public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council; and
* This project is made possible with funds from the Decentralization Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Queens Council on the Arts.
* This project was funded by the Investors Foundation.
* This work was partially developed and performed through a generous space grant from LaGuardia Performing Arts Center (LPAC)
* This project will be performed at the Abrons Arts Center as part of the @Abrons Series program a subsidized rental program of Abrons Arts Center.