Youth Summer Programs
ABRONS ARTS CAMP
ABRONS ARTS CAMP 2020
February 6th at noon: Returning Campers & Abrons students from 2019-2020
February 13th at noon: Current Henry Street affiliates
February 20th at noon: Public Registration
Nurture your child’s creative spark this summer at Abrons Arts Center! Our camp offers arts learning experiences in visual arts, music, theater, and dance for ages 5 – 12. Campers will explore break dance, script writing, sculpture, painting and musical instruments. Each camp session will conclude with a performance and exhibition.
Abrons provides a playful environment for artistic skill building from professional artist educators. Campers will also participate in park recreational time,water activities, and field trips to New York Hall of Science, Queens County Farm, and other art institutions.
Abrons Arts Center Summer Camp 2020 will center around the themes of PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE. Campers will explore time as continuum through lower east side ancestry, self portraiture and technology. The themes of PAST, PRESENT, AND FUTURE will provide campers with connections between all art forms and their experience as NYC kids!
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
July 6 – August 14, 2020
Mondays – Fridays
Drop Off | 8:30 – 9 AM
Pick Up | 5:00 – 6:00pm*
Ages 5 – 12**
*Extended day now included in overall tuition!
**Your child must be 5 years old by July 6th 2020.
Session A – July 6 – July 24, 2020
- Arts Summer Camp | Session A | Ages 5-6 FULL – join our waitlist!
- Arts Summer Camp | Session A | Ages 7- 8 FULL – join our waitlist!
- Arts Summer Camp | Session A | Ages 9-10 FULL – join our waitlist!
- Arts Summer Camp | Session A | Ages 11-12
Session B – July 27 – August 14, 2020
- Arts Summer Camp | Session B | Ages 5-6 FULL – join our waitlist!
- Arts Summer Camp | Session B | Ages 7-8 FULL – join our waitlist!
- Arts Summer Camp | Session B | Ages 9-10 FULL – join our waitlist!
- Arts Summer Camp | Session B | Ages 11-12
- Daily arts instruction in dance, music, theater, and visual arts
- Professional artist teachers with educational backgrounds
- Special guest artist workshops and performances
- Weekly field trips to experience NYC museums, galleries, and theaters
- Weekly water activities to LES splash pads and Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Daily outdoor recreation time in Lower East Side parks
- Student performances/exhibitions at the end of Session A & B
- Pizza lunch provided on Fridays
- Late afternoon includes snack and facilitated arts activities
- Culminating Field Day celebration at East River Park
Abrons Arts Center continues to monitor the evolving health guidelines surrounding COVID-19.
Currently, we are still planning on moving forward with our summer camp.
If the city does not allow summer camps to operate, Abrons Arts Center will refund all camp tuition, including registration fees. If a family requests a refund on their own accord, their registration fee will not be returned.
Abrons Arts Center will keep you posted every step of the way in the event that there are shifts to our summer program.
ABRONS ARTS CAMP PACKAGES
Session A | 7/6 – 7/24 | Camp $1065
Session B | 7/27 – 8/14 | Camp $1065
Camp Registration Fee: $50 per session
Camp fees must be paid in full by Monday June 19. Full refunds have been extended to June 5th and half refunds are available until June 19. There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee per camper, per session. No camper is allowed to attend camp until full payment and all health forms have been received.
TUITION ASSISTANCE is available to those who qualify on a first-come, first-served basis. Forms will be accepted between February 6th through March 27th. Families will be notified of tuition assistance awards the week of April 20th.
For tuition assistance eligibility, each family is required to submit a federal income tax return or public assistance letter that reflects registered camper as a dependent.