Abrons Arts Camp
Public Registration opens February 19, 2019
Nurture your child’s creative spark this summer at Abrons Arts Center! Our camp offers arts learning experiences in visual arts, music, theater, and dance for ages 5 – 13. Campers will explore subjects including drumming, break dance, script writing, sculpture, and painting. Each camp session will conclude with a performance and exhibition.
Abrons provides a playful environment for artistic skill building from professional artist educators. Campers will also participate in park recreational time, weekly water activity, and field trips to New York Hall of Science, Queens County Farm, IFC Children’s Film Festival, local art galleries, and more! Parents are invited to take a sneak peek during Friday open studios.
Summer 2019 will explore The Five Senses And Beyond. Campers will experiment with the senses of sight, scent, touch, sound, and taste, through food art, miming, story telling, color mixing, and sound waves. Campers will also be introduced to some of the more overlooked senses such as intuition, thermoception, and proprioception. The theme of The Five Senses And Beyond will provide campers with connections between all art forms and their experience as NYC kids!
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
July 8 – August 16, 2019
Mondays – Fridays | 9 AM – 5 PM
Drop Off | 8:30 – 9 AM
Pick Up | 5 – 5:30 PM
Optional Extended Day | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Ages 5 – 13
- Daily arts instruction in dance, music, theater, and visual arts
- Professional artist teachers and counselors with educational academic backgrounds
- Special guest artist workshops and performances
- Weekly field trips to experience NYC museums, galleries, and theaters
- Weekly water activities to LES splash pads and Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Daily outdoor recreation time in Lower East Side parks
- Open art studios for families every Friday
- Student performances/exhibitions at the end of Session A & B
- Pizza lunch provided on Fridays
- Extended day includes snack and facilitated arts activities
ABRONS ARTS CAMP PACKAGES
Session A | 7/8 – 7/26 | Camp $1020
Session B | 7/29 – 8/16 | Camp $1020
Camp Registration Fee: $50 per session
Extended Day A | $225
Extended Day B | $225
Extended Day Drop-in | $15
Camp fees must be paid in full by Monday June 17. There is a $50 non-refundable registration fee per camper per session. Full refunds are available until May 1 and half refunds are available until June 17. No camper is allowed to attend camp until full payment and all health forms have been received.
Tuition assistance is available to those who qualify on a first come or first serve basis.
Federal income tax return is required for eligibility.
A | 55,000 and Above | Full Price
B | 45,000-54,999 | 25% Discount
C | 35,000-44,999 | 50% Discount
D | Under 34,999 | 75% Discount