Local, national, and international college students are invited to use the Abrons Arts Center as a laboratory for investigating our innovative arts education model. Current academic partnerships include Teachers College at Columbia University, Bank Street College, and New York University.
INVESTIGATE | College Workshops + Tours
The StudioLab arts education model is an innovative case study for higher education students. Interactive INVESTIGATE workshops are developed around the Abrons’ community-based arts practices and explore the use of the arts as a catalyst for learning and creativity.
ENGAGE | College Internships
Our ENGAGE internship program provides college students an opportunity to assist professional artists who teach students Pre-K through Grade 12 and support arts workers developing groundbreaking programming.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting Engagement program staff
- Assisting artists in school day and after school teaching residences
- Researching arts education tools and models
- Participating in program documentation and assessment
- Coordinating guided gallery visits and school performances
- Aiding outreach through marketing and social media
- Attending and assisting special events
- Undergraduate or graduate student with a passion for the arts
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience or interest in working with students (elementary/teen/college)
- Willingness to travel to schools throughout the five boroughs
- Knowledge of contemporary art and educational vocabulary
- Professional demeanor, gumption, and willingness to get your hands dirty!
For more information, please contact:
Carolyn Sickles | Director of Engagement | firstname.lastname@example.org | 212.598.0400 x 221