Local, national, and international college students are invited to use the Abrons Arts Center as a laboratory for investigating our innovative arts education model.
Workshops + Tours for College Students
The StudioLab arts education model is an innovative case study for higher education students. Interactive Investigate workshops are developed around the Abrons’ community-based arts practices and explore the use of the arts as a catalyst for learning and creativity. Current academic partnerships include Teachers College at Columbia University and New York University.
The StudioLab Engage internship program provides college students an opportunity to work with artists who are teaching students in Pre-K through grade 12. This experiential learning–based curriculum is tied to visual, performing, literary, and media arts. StudioLab Engage internship responsibilities may include:
• Acting as a liaison between the StudioLab program staff and schools
• Assisting an artist in a residency during the school day or after school
• Participating in program documentation and assessment
• Conducting general research and administrative tasks, as needed
• Coordinating, developing, and implementing gallery education programs
To for more information, please contact:
Director of StudioLab