Abrons Arts Camp
Ignite your child’s creative spark this summer at Abrons Arts Center! Our camp offers transformational arts learning experiences and cultural excursions for ages 5 – 13. Campers will become drummers, choreographers, puppeteers, and podcast hosts, learning about the world through their art, and sharing their art with the world!
This playful environment blends artistic skill building alongside professional artist educators, outdoor garden and park recreational time, weekly water activities, and field trip excursions to internationally acclaimed cultural hubs like Pioneer Works, Queens Museum, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Museum of the Moving Image, The High Line, Theaterworks, and The Lowline. Watch confidence and critical thinking develop during Friday open studios. Each session features a youth authored performance and exhibition.
Summer 2018 will explore the unexpected pathways artists take when working a diverse environments. From transforming cityscapes to honoring the past, present, and future of land, campers will create sounds, movements, and images uniquely responding to what surrounds them.
Financial assistance is available for participants who would otherwise not be able to afford camp. Tuition assistance applications are available through the Engagement Office. Federal income tax return is required for eligibility.
AGES / DATES / TIMES
SESSION A 7/9 – 7/27 is FULL for the below age groups.
Ages 5-6 and 7-8 and 9-10 A waitlist is available online.
SESSION B 7/30 – 8/17 is FULL for the below age groups.
Ages 5-6 and 7-8 A waitlist is available online.
July 9 – August 17, 2018
Mondays – Fridays | 9 AM – 5 PM
Drop Off | 8:30 – 9 AM
Pick Up | 5 – 5:30 PM
Optional Extended Day | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
Ages 5 – 13
- Daily arts instruction in dance, music, theater, and visual arts
- Classes are pedagogically framed around the exploratory development of arts skills
- Professional artist teachers and counselors with educational academic backgrounds
- Special guest artist workshops and performances
- Opportunities to make lifelong friendships and practice collaboration
- Weekly cultural field trips to experience NYC museums, galleries, and theaters
- Weekly water activities including water parks, splash pads, and H20 playgrounds!
- Daily outdoor recreation time in Lower East Side parks
- Open art studios for families every Friday
- Student authored performances/exhibitions are presented at the end of Session A & B
- Pizza lunch provided on Fridays (dietary restrictions will be accommodated)
- Extended day includes snack and facilitated arts activities
Full Summer | 7/9 – 8/17 | Camp $1,980 | Camp & Extended Day $2,280
Session A | 7/9 – 7/27 | Camp $990 | Camp & Extended Day $1,140
Session B | 7/30 – 8/17 | Camp $990 | Camp & Extended Day $1,140
Tuition assistance is available for all families who are unable to afford Abrons Arts Camp.
See tuition assistance form for details.
Tuition Assistance applications will no longer be accepted after April 23rd.
For the Full Summer Session please add BOTH Session A & B to your shopping cart.
For Full Summer Extended Day services please add BOTH to your shopping cart.
Camp tuition must be paid in full by June 1, 2018. There is a $30 non-refundable registration fee per camper.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration online will open online January 22, 2018. Please sign up for Abrons weekly e-blast for updates!
Camp Building tours are offered on the below dates. Please check in the day of at the front desk.
Saturday MARCH 24th : 11am
Saturday APRIL 21st : 12:30pm
In loving memory of Barbara L. Tate.