The Abrons Arts Center seeks working artists in music, dance, theater, and the visual arts who are interested in teaching opportunities.
Abrons’ engagement programming offers progressive, experiential learning opportunities for makers at all levels of creative development. We are a place to take risks, be bold, experiment, and embrace curiosity. Participants are encouraged to construct meaningful responses, collaborate, and to think critically.
- Ability to develop progressive, experiential learning experiences
- Strong knowledge of within a specific arts discipline
- B.A./B.F.A (required) and M.A./M.F.A. (preferred)
- Experience teaching youth or adults (2 year minimum)
- Actively practicing artist
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and problem solve
- Commitment to quality, creativity, and innovation
- Co-develop and facilitate lessons that are developmentally appropriate for students
- Prepare rigorous curriculum that maps the goals of your class or workshop
- Communicate and collaborate with Abrons staff, classroom teachers, and school administration
- Prepare and conduct culminating events
- Participate in meetings and faculty trainings
- Travel to various school settings in New York City