Our high school, undergraduate, and graduate internship program offers hands-on experience in a range of areas, including visual arts; performing arts (music, theater, and dance); and StudioLab educational programs. Please submit a cover letter and resume to the department of interest.
Fall 2015: Managing Director Intern
Abrons Art Center is looking for an organized and self-motivated person to work under the Managing Director. Managing Director Intern candidates must have excellent writing skills, obtain an understanding of non-profit arts organizations and have an interest in arts administration. It is crucial for the intern to be able to problem solve and take on many tasks at one time. The internship position may be tailored to meet school credit requirements.Responsibilities may include:
- Assists in composing press releases for upcoming performances, gallery openings, etc. and compile media for press kits following the event
- Assists in tracking all expenses and deposits.
- Maintains an up-to-date contact list of media, employees, volunteers, members, etc.
- Daily posting to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
In the subject line, please indicate "Managing Director Internship"
Fall 2015: Technical Director Intern
The Abrons Art Center is looking to take on a self-motivated person who would like to learn more about working backstage in technical theater. The intern will work directly under the Technical Director in all duties. Candidates must be hard working, diligent, and reliable. There are three theater spaces that are in constant use throughout the season. The Technical Director Intern will play an important role in the preparation and execution of the performances in all the theaters. Internship positions can be tailored to meet school credit requirements. Responsibilities may include:
- Work directly with the Technical Director on all projects
- Assist in preparation all three (3) theater spaces for use throughout the season.
- Other duties will depend on the interests of the intern and the needs of the shows happening during the season
In the subject line, please indicate "Technical Director Internship"
Our ENGAGE internship program provides college students an opportunity to assist professional artists who teach students Pre-K through Grade 12 and support arts workers developing groundbreaking programming. Responsibilities may include:
- Assist artists in school day and after school teaching residences
- Research arts education tools and models
- Participate in program documentation and assessment
- Assist in the coordination of guided gallery visits and school performances
- Aide outreach through marketing and social media
- Attend and assist special events
- Other duties as assigned
In the subject line, please indicate "Engagement Internship"
The Abrons Arts Center is offering internship positions for our Visual Arts Program. Previous studio art, gallery, art handling, or art criticism experience is a plus. Internships can be tailored to meet school credit requirements and will involve the following duties:
- Assisting with the installation and maintenance of art exhibitions in a variety of media, including painting, drawing, sculpture, video, installation, and sound
- Organizing website archives of previous exhibitions
- Assisting with the coordination and programming for our Artist-in-Residence Program such as organizing applications, studio maintenance, and exhibition scheduling
- Assisting Teaching Artists in the classroom with preparation and instruction
Jonathan Durham, Visual Arts Director